Tuesday, March 5, 2013

An Alert Ignored?!

So yesterday Frosty alerted me to check my little mans BG. His blood glucose was high. So gave my little man an insulin correction. Great job Frosty for getting my attention!! Then a little bit later Frosty started trying to get my attention again. He didn't want to go out. I am like I know I know his his BG is high. Since he was given insulin his high was being taken care of. So I didn't check BG again and was like good dog, good dog I know his BG is high. He continued to try and get my attention. I just ignored him. Finally he stopped trying to get my attention. A couple minutes later my little man said I don't feel very well. I checked my little mans BG and it was 51... he was low!! If I had of checked when Frosty was alerting instead of assuming it was the high BG from before I would have 'caught before his BG got to 51. Next time will check his BG and NOT ignore. This even made Frosty give up on getting my attention which I don't want when it comes to alerts to my little mans BG's. Thanks for stopping by Simply Superb Dog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment