Saturday, February 23, 2013

Good Calm

Okay so one of Frosty's not so good behavior is he tends to guard my little guys food. If he has food Frosty will hardly let you get near him. Though I am happy to say I am seeing so many improvements. I have gotten close to my little man a few times while he was eating today and Frosty stayed calm. So many "good calm" said to Frosty and treats given for such good behavior. Next I will work with him when the little guy is eating something really meaty and flavorful and have a high value treat ready for Frosty's "good calm" Remember if you have issues with your dog there is more than likely a way to change the behavior with positive reinforcement and redirecting your dogs behavior that is good for everyone involved. For me I am remembering Triple P. Positive reinforcement, patients, and perseverance. I am finding these three things are the key. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment