Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Reminder

Ok so our camping trip was a reminder that there is a lot of work to be done with Frosty. He defiantly put his guarde dog on. Positive reinforcement will for sure always be my method. I really like and agree with a lot of what Victoria Stilwell says on training your dog with positive reinforcement. I plan to watch at least one training video a day and spend at least 15 minutes (for starters) a day with Frosty. I too want to start taking him with us places more to get use to a lot of differen't people and situations. I was not sure I wanted to do that because he does get guard dog like and I don't want him to act like that around others but I think it will help him get better. I won't be taking him out as a "service dog" but as our pet and companion in training. Again I must stress as I have in other posts is I will not be bringing him around as a service dog at least not until he is fully trained and has 0 aggression. Before I ever really even weigh that possiblity. For now he is a diabetic alert dog IN TRAINING, pet/companion for my little man and simply a superb dog :) I hope to get better at posting more often and I thank you for stopping by.... Simply Superb Dogs

No comments:

Post a Comment