Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Protective of His Little Man

So we are now getting to know my little man's Frosty the Snow Dog :) more and more each day. I have found that the two of them already have a very strong bond. Frosty follows my little man around. If my son goes outside to play he will whine at the door. So cute to see, love the bonding though we also have come to some challenges if I want to make him a service dog.Frosty seems to be a bit protective. Which is NOT a good thing for a service dog. We would need to get where we see no signs of that in order to take him around everywhere. Or limit his working (alerting) for home and at friends and family only. Don't know we shall see about all that. Anyway so Frosty showed some strange behaviour yesterday. We had a box of diet cokes that was just brought in and set by the door. My 4 year old son sat on the couch by the door. Our sweet little Frosty became a viscous boss of the soda's. When my older son went to pull a soda out of the box Frosty was at attack mode. Then my daughter tried, again attack mode, then I went for one and again attack mode. Now my four year old had to be the one each time to give us our soda's LOL I guess my 4 year old and Frosty was the keeper of the soda's. I couldn't help but laugh at this strange behaviour LOL. Though this is an eye opener to a challenge. Oh also yesterday my husband went to tickle my 4 year old and Frosty would not allow none of that either. So little Frosty is very protective of his little man. That is all for today...hope you continue to journey along with us as we train Frosty to be a diabetic alert dog come back and see where this journey takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment