Monday, May 21, 2012

Frosty The Snow Dog

We brought home our Maltese mix on Thursday. I gave my four year old full range in naming him. His name is Frosty the Snow Dog :) So far things are going great. I have set my alarm on my phone to go off every 2hrs. to give him a potty break. He is either potty trained or this is working real well or both :) Training at the moment is just keeping up with the potty breaks and introducing Frosty to my other two dogs and bonding with my 4 year old son. So far all is going well...thank you LORD!!
The bond between my son and Frosty is awesome they both are really taken a liken to each other. Frosty follows my son from living room to kitchen and where ever he goes even tries to follow him to the bathroom LOL. I am ecstatic to see this instant bond!! We really did find our match!! I am excited about getting the scent training going...it is the middle of the night lows that is my greatest concern and my biggest need for a D.A.D. So glad we rescued Frosty from the shelter and really help another dog as well because now there is another space for a dog. When the shelter gets full that is when they start putting dogs under. Remember if you are looking to get a dog or cat to check out your local shelter. Frosty was fixed right before I got him and got his shots like the rabbi's shot, and got a microchip, etc. They said they did a flea treatment though I am still seeing some on him. I know how that goes, it takes time for all fleas and new hatched fleas to die and must get continued treatment, As this is what my other dogs get...always continued treatment especially through the spring and summer months. I have to wait a couple of weeks, they told me, before I give him a bath because he just was fixed and that must have a chance to heal. Well that is how it is going so far please come again and have a pawariffic day :) Simply Superb Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment