Saturday, January 19, 2013

Hello and Good-Night :)

Hello so here we are with this weeks training plan. So important.. It is so important to train with your dogs everyday especially if you want him to be a service dog. Though any dog and his family would benefit. Positive training helps the dog do something with there energy that is rewarding for both the dog and human. When we bring a dog in our homes we can't expect them to be like humans but we can teach them things that make it NOT like we are all living in a barn. Working on turning this barn into a home for us all :) We can become irritated with are pets behavior a lot of times it is no fault to the dog they are simply being a dog. If we decide to have a pet we need to take the time to train them how to behave. Even just a little bit of time, a day can go a long way. I must say I have NOT always spent each and every day training with Frosty. Life does happen and there are just times where we are pulled away with other tasks at hand. Just our normal busy daily schedules and then the unexpected like a family member passing away or a family member becoming ill can really slow our progress. Thankfully we can pick back up when we can and when it is best for our family All we need to do is pick back up where we left off. That is what I am doing now really going to get back to training and DAILY.One thing that is a must to keep at is teaching Frosty NOT to guard my little mans food. When he is eating you can't come near him without Frosty growling or coming at you. Then we will also work on something just for fun for this week. So two things I will be working on... One Food (bad) behavior What I am doing is I sit next to my little guy while he is snacking with treats in my hand. When I do this Frosty doesn't guard my little guys food. I treat Frosty as we sit. I will do this everyday for maybe around 10 days. Then some time after that will try and sit by my son without a treat when he is eating and see how Frosty does. I will try and report how it goes. For fun I plan on "capturing" something he does already. He often bows or stretches. I taught a previous service dog we had (Shiloh) to bow on command. I too plan on teaching Frosty to do the same. As soon as I see Frosty bow I will treat her and eventually saying the word then to make the command. Frosty will love this because that means more treats, treat, treats :) One thing I have never stopped doing is working those alerts. Frosty does great and I know that she will just continue to do better and better as time goes on. I will let you know how things progress.... Thanks for stopping by Simply Superb Dogs Frosty and the little man says good-night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment