Sunday, August 12, 2012

High BG's and Guard Dog Elavation

As I have written before unfortunately there are times Frosty has his guard dog on. This seems to be elevated when food is around (which is really bad for a service dog) so I am doing some things to turn that around which I will share in future posts. I am also finding that it seems that his guard dog tendencies seem to be elevated when my son blood glucose level are high. This morning he put his guard dog on as I walked toward the little man so I went and got the meter and he calmed down as I checked his BG. My sons BG was 400!! I am going to check his BG in 30 minutes to see if it has gone down because he has already been given insulin and his BG's are elevated. Making sure it goes down and that we don't have bad insulin. Anyway I am finding more and more that when Frosty gets his guard on and there is no food around the little man BG's are high. I will be looking at that more closely and will work towards teaching him to channel that energy elsewhere to alert me. He does calm down when I pick up the meter and go to check my sons BG's. He never discourages me from checking my sons BG's and wags his tell with excitement as I check him, that is awesome!!! Frosty the Snow Dog is so very attentive to my son this shows me he really is perfect for his job. Even so he is not without negative behavior that needs to be worked on consistently with positive reinforcement. That is all for now thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment